W. L. Gore & Associates
W. L. Gore & Associates is a uniquely creative, technology-driven enterprise focused on discovery and product innovation.
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., was founded January 1, 1958, in Newark, Delaware, by Wilbert L. (Bill) and Genevieve (Vieve) Gore.
- Worldwide sales in the past fiscal year exceeded $3 billion.
- Gore is a privately held company.
- By using proprietary technologies with the versatile polymer polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), Gore has created numerous products for electronic signal transmission; fabric laminates; medical implants; as well as membrane, filtration, sealant, and fibers technologies for diverse industries.
- Gore established a venture partnership in Japan in 1969 with Junkosha Co., Ltd. In 1974 we co-founded Japan Gore‑Tex, Inc., or JGI. JGI is now a wholly-owned subsidiary known as Nihon Gore.